Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I respect your right to choose...

It doesn't mean I have to be ok with it though.

I'll let you in on a secret; I can't have children, at least not naturally. I never knew how much I actually wanted them until a couple of days after my honeymoon... yes, that is when I found out it wasn't to going to happen. Its rather funny really, when it wasn't even something that we were trying, or even discussing; an entirely different, [or so we thought] medical complaint result in that answer: life sucks at times.

Its taken me four years to get to where we are now, a happier place, but sometimes, like today, I think:WHY?

One of my besties has just given birth, her second, a beautiful bouncing baby baby, he is so utterly tiny that you would just devour him lock, stock and barrel. I now know how parents while away hours just watching the little dotes.

I'd known for some time that she was going to have her tubes tied, we discussed it, I understand her reasons, part of me perhaps even agrees with her, but still... oh to have that choice... to be able to smell that new baby smell and know it was mine...

I've tried four years to get to that smell, I've had procedures and tablets and counselling, but nothing. I've watched others have 1,2 and sometimes 3 precious little ones in that space of time...

So I respect your right to choose, but I'm not ok with it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails