Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does everything come with a belt nowadays?

Over the past few days I've been treating myself to a few well deserved clothes and expanding my wardrobe in the process. Of the various tops, shirts, dresses and jackets I have bought/ looked at, one common theme springs up EVERYWHERE (and no I am not referring to mad shiny sequins!)- Belts! Everything I consider buying or have bought came with its own belt - some added to the piece and others are just pointless!

I know what you are all thinking, just take the offending piece of leather/ string/ material off and stop your complaining - and yes I can, but then I am left with those 2 annoying little loops either side of me, that scream 'look at me, look at me' whenever you move your arms... and yea sure I could wear a cardi or shawl or only move my arms from the elbow down but really have todays designers got no imagination that every single item produced needs to be accessorised with a belt that rides up under your cleavage (unless you are an A cup) and emphasizes your stomach making you look 6 months pregnant (unless you are a size zero)?

Maybe I should stop my ranting and become a fashion designer?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails