Thursday, January 10, 2013

Today I am taking a sick day, well sick afternoon.

I am self-employed and dont think I've taken a proper sick day in over 5 years. You know the type of sick day I am talking about? The type where you switch off, focus on getting better, sleep and watch mindless TV.

For me, the self-employed, a sick day constitutes working in my PJs with a basin/wet facecloth/smothered in vic in the home office not accomplishing anything and getting sicker. Or scenario two: sitting on the couch, laptop beside me, watching TV AND making a list of all I need to do in the house ( now that my eye is off work (momentarily) ). And then I start on the 'house list', cause my 'sick days' are the only time Ill have to do it. ;)

So you see, sick days just arent a 'luxury' I take!

Fastforward until today, or maybe the start of the week. I was excited to get back to work Monday, I have big big plans for 2013 and I wanted to begin. But, to my horror, I woke up sick! I battled on... Achieved nothing (or very little) and so find myself wrapped in a fluffy bathrobe and soft throw on the couch, laptopless (im tying this on my phone), watching mindless TV actually being sick!

(Am sure writing this post, albeit a personal post, probably constitutes work of some description) I am off to 'be sick' now!

Wish me well :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails