Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gardening


Gardening was never a strong point of mine. In fact the only way I would have 'green fingers' would be if I was to purposefully dye them green. Bearing this in mind, and with my previous track record of killing pretty much all vegetation I touch I decided that it was about time I tried to grow something.

Well in fairness the inspiration came from my best friend. She, on her balcony, has started to colonize a vegetable patch. The idea sounded cute and fun as we discussed it over a bottle of wine on Paddy's day so armed with her tips and pointers I stopped off on my way home to pick up pots and seeds.

I decided that to start with 2 items would be enough. I didn't want to get to ahead of myself and with 2 items there would be less 'bodies' to cover up, should it all go horribly wrong. So on Thursday I planted my seeds. Cherry Tomatoes and Sweet Red Chilli...

I check them every morning as I am to take the lids off the tubs once the shoots come up. All I will say is... gardening is akin to watching paint dry :P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails