Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Hair Day!


I am sure I shared with you all at the start of the year that I had done something that I had never [ever] done before, that is subscribe to a magazine. [I know, I know, but that argument is for an entirely different post]. Along with my subscription came a gift, which, in hindsight has taken so long to get here that I almost forgotten about it.

That is of course, until I came home the other day and found a wee docket from the postman to say there was a parcel available for collection. My darling husband, the eternal child that he is, skipped over to the post office to collect it. Dismayed, that it was addressed to me and confused by its 'liquid' sound he tossed it to me.

I ripped open the padded envelope utterly excited. Out fell, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 BUT 5... yes 5 red bottles.

Closure inspection revealed them to be my missing subscription gift. In the throws of hunger pangs I popped them up on a shelf and forgot about them until the following morning [yesterday]. Fresh from my shower and contemplating straight or curly hair I remembered the 5 bottles sitting on a shelf. Eying them suspiciously with their promises of of heat protection, and de-frizzing and neutralizing I selected 2 to be used for a quick [and easy] blow dry.

I duly squeezed and pumped amounts of both into my fingers [separately of course] and worked them through my dampened hair. Initially I didn't like the texture they both created with my damp hair and the hair dryer but this was soon a baited by the lovely smell. As my hair dried, it was indeed, smooth and manageable [as promised], a first for me without using the GHD as well.
Hair dry, I tied up in a pony [to match my sweats] and enjoyed the smell and ease to which I got ready.

And... the good hair day continues...

Today I wake up, fully expecting my usual birds nest, but low and behold, my silky smooth locks of yesterday have remained. Needless to say Redken's Heat Styling Thermo Actif range is now my BFF [sorry Liv & Aoife] xxx

These 5 products are a MUST for EVERYONE!!
Products from right to left; Hot sets 22, Fabricate 03, Blown Away 09, Satinwear 02, Iron Silk 07, Spray Starch 15. (I have all but Hot sets 22)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails