Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brides Against Breast Cancer; I am going to do this!

I don't know if I ever mentioned this before, but I am a Wedding Planner, or at least I was. I suppose having since closed down my company and being laid of from my job I technically have no weddings to plan.

As a Wedding Planner you can appreciate that I love all things wedding... [bet you're surprised and grateful there isn't more wedding related content here! - I have a wedding blog just for that!] and so I read alot of wedding articles, blogs and tweets. Today I read a very special newspaper article: Brides Against Breast Cancer; bringing wedding-gown sale here.  For those you who don't have the time to read the article, in brief, its about about collecting and selling new and once worn wedding dresses around the States in aid of Making Memories - who make wishes come true for Stage 4 Cancer Patients.

It got me thinking. I have the time now, I have the resources [my skills], I have the inclination and drive, I have the contacts - why not?!

So pending some research and exact direction, tentatively I am saying - I am going to hold the first [hopefully annual] Brides Against Breast Cancer Wedding Gown Sale this coming September [TBC] at a time and venue yet to be decided.

If you are a former bride [or you know of one] interested in donating her gown please do get in touch with me.

If you are a venue, dress shop, caterer, website developer, graphic designer or anyone with a skill, product, interest, need or want to take part in this fund-raising venture in aid of Breast Cancer please do get in touch with me; either through the comment box below, or you can mail me direct on whatbladidnext [at] gmail [com].

Wish me luck and I'll keep you all posted on my progress!

P.s My Brides Against Breast Cancer Gown Sale will be taking place in Ireland, most likely in Dublin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails