Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pet Hates!

I have a beautiful furbaby called Tilly. She is a four year Bichon Frises and most definitely my little baby. [ This, I am not ashamed to say :)] BUT... she does several things that absolutely drive me up the wall and back!

Imagine: A long morning.

You say to yourself... I deserve a nice lunch, bit of TV; a little relaxation on the couch. You prepare yourself something yummy, switch [your Sky + ed] Home and Away on, arrange the cushions 'just so' and settle in. You've just let out your 'awwww' and taken your first bite. And then, Tilly pops up her head, walks over to the back door and scratches. You try to ignore... but she continues... you think to  yourself; does she really need to go outside? Could she wait until the break? Can you take that chance?

Then you realise you really can't. If she did pee inside there would be no-one to blame but you and the reality of cleaning up pee while trying to have lunch is worse then getting up off the couch to open the door. So you pause H&A, you place your yummy food down beside and get up and walk over. You open the door, pause a moment thinking; will I just wait for her to finish and then sit back down or will I just leave it open. While you're thinking this, she looks up at you [and I'm sure she smirks] turns around and jumps up on the couch taking your spot... thinking to herself [ha ha ha I've got the power!]

[Convinced she was a human in a past life and this is how she reeks her revenge for that Halloween I dressed her up as a witch]

I bet you're all giggling to yourselves and dog owners are probably shaking their heads, feeling my pain.

Sweet as pie?

When you look at her, you think, OMG; she is just too cute... and she is... most of the time. Except when she wants to go for a walk and you want to eat your dinner. [Thankfully] this one doesn't happen too often... but my darling Tilly has an innate ability to fart on command... not my command now; hers! Especially at dinner time, when she wants to do something. You're sitting at the table, she comes in... looks up at you and then at the front door. Walks over to it, scratches it... looks up again. I say; 'We'll go out when I'm finished.' She comes back over, looks up sweetly [thinking to herself; we'll go now thanks.] and lets one off... tottering back to the front door. Well I swear to go, a gas mask wouldn't even save you; you need a shower, decontamination of the kitchen and possibly new paint job to get over it. Needless to say she gets her way, and we go out, because by god we all need the fresh air!

Wet dog anyone?

And my last 'Pet Hate' [for today]; Bath Time... its like 'Walkie' and 'Cheese' we have to spell it out cause she loves it so much. There was a time that we had to put the laundry basket in front of the bath because she would jump into the bath but was too small [at the time] to get out. So 'bath time' she loves, I reckon its the pampering and undivided attention. But she hates what comes after it... and its around about being lifted out of the bath that it dawns on her... 'shit, the blow dryer is coming next'... and she wriggles and scrappers! She literally leaps from your hands [for a small thing she is super strong] and runs around the house; making sure to hit every bed, pile of laundry, loose towel, cushion and throw, as we chase after her and soaks the lot!

Now we just have a Mobile Groomer come out and do it for us; cause I just don't have the energy/ patients/ large enough close dryer for it all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails