Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beaumount Hospital is no Seattle Grace!

I had a few tests in the hospital yesterday.

To say I was in the 'bowels' of the hospital is an understatement; but several thoughts struck me as I made my way through the myriad of corridors and passageways to find the X Ray Department.

1. Does anyone ever put anything away in this hospital? 

The trollies with patients aside, the corridors where littered with boxes, cleaning supplies, abandoned chairs, water buckets and signag ~ {ironically} all accidents waiting to happen!

2. Why is it that hospitals smell like old farts? 

I don't think is needs any further elaboration. But surely it doesn't cost he HSE to open a window?

3. Medical Dramas are not reality {ok, this I knew} 

I had the misfortune of coming into {too} close contact with two female doctors in the corridors; both stank! The stink you can only get from being on your feet for 56 hours and that repeated deodorant can no longer mask.

This got me thinking... the reality for doctors? Quickies in the 'on call room' are the fantasy of screen writer's... ;)

I left, my hopes of being 'examined' by McSteamy or McDreamy severely dashed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails