Thursday, August 2, 2012

Consumers: Its OKAY to say NO!



This is going to come off a little like a rant... I am sorry for that { I'm just hoping it will be a coherent rant }.

I'm a business woman. Each day I {and I hate this} 'sell myself'... let me clarify... I'm a Wedding Planner. So in essence I sell my time & expertise to couples; hence the 'I sell myself'. :)

What really gets up my goat is people's in ability to say no if they don't want to hire me. Instead they string me along for days, weeks and months, with 'oh we haven't discussed it yet' or 'we're away at the moment could you call back next month' or they plan ignore me.

You see I'm a good business woman, and until I get a firm 'no thank you', you are still an open lead.

And let me clarify {again} I'm not insulted {and only a little} disappointed if you don't hire me. I'm realistic, I know that not every {potential} client I meet is going to sign on the dotted line.

So how are you at saying no? Do you often buy things cause you just can't say no? Or ignore phones calls, emails and knocks at the door cause you don't know how to face salesperson?

Take if from me, if you are not interested, can't afford it or realise its not for you; tell us, we wont bite and we would appreciate the honesty! Perhaps its something we could even use to improve ourselves or perhaps we have something else that might suit you even better! Or maybe that is just the end for you and me :) either way... tell me!

Ok, rant over... thanks for listening...

Love to hear your comments!

2 comments:

linda c.thomas said...

I think you are witty and very amusing. Keep writing because one day no one will be able to resist you.

Sincerely,
A fellow writer on the path.

Linda

What Blá Did Next said...

Linda, I have no idea how I am only seeing your comment now. Thank you so so so much, 1. for taking the time to comment and 2. for your lovely, lovely words of encouragement. You are just too sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails