Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Complete Standstill!

I love my country, I do, but I really wonder about us at times. Each Irish person would agree that Ireland's weather would never be described as tropical, enjoyable, or perfect and to refer to it as continually 'good' would be a stretch of the imagination. Our lack of agreeable weather is probably what stands between us and being voted one of the most desirable summer holiday destinations on the planet. But despite us all knowing and agreeing with this, if our weather deviates beyond its 'pre-approved' level of suckiness our pretty little nation grounds to a halt.

Point in case our current spell of frosty weather. When the frost and snow first descended we all thought - how cute, magical and christmassy. Isn't this just a lovely way to spend the holidays and start the new year. Now a mere 10 days into what many (outside of Ireland) would consider a bit of inclement weather, we as a nation batten down the hatches, extend the snow day to a snow week and bulk buy snow boots and tesco's special offer dishwasher salt to grit our drives. Which is ridiculous really when you are not actually going anywhere due to the aforementioned 'snow week'.

Now I'll admit its cold, bitterly cold, infact possibly the coldest I have every felt in Ireland. And yes I have snow and ice, in fact my drive, car and both the path and road outside my house haven't thawed since our 'cold snap' first descended but really people are we going to let a little snow and ice get the better of us??

Apparently so... I'm just glad its not as bad as this, otherwise what on earth would we do???

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails