Friday, December 21, 2012

Author Spotlight with Kirstin Pulioff


Name: Kirstin Pulioff

How long have you been writing?  

I have been writing my whole life.  

It is my creative outlet… some people cook, some draw, and some sing (you don’t want to see me do any of those things)… I write.  It’s only been the last couple of years that I have done it with the intent of pursuing this as a career.



Who has most influenced or inspired your writing?  

My kids, they remind me of the magic in the world, and the wonder in simple things.  They re-teach me some long forgotten lessons, and in reincorporating those in my life, I am inspired to fulfill my dreams and my stories.

What is your most favourite book and why? 

There are so many great ones…  I have to go way back and say, Shel Silverstein’s “The Giving Tree.”  This is a book that I can and have read over and over to myself, and my kids.  It is a book to learn from, to cherish, and to grow with.

What is the worst book you have ever read and why? 

Ohhh… that is a toughie.  I think I’ll play it safe here and say my college text books.

What is your favourite genre to read and to write? 

I love fantasy & fairytales.  There’s just something that pulls me to the romance of the princesses, the adventures from the dashing knights, and damsels in distress, the mystery and intrigue of the wizards, and magic.  

What tip would you give authors when promoting their books? 

Stick with it… keep the momentum going and be realistic with your goals.  I am firm believer in consistency creating success. 

In the movie of your {most recent} book who would play your characters? {Please give us the name of the book and the name of the character each actor would play} 

So fun!  Ok, here is my dream “The Escape of Princess Madeline,”

King Theodore- Cary Elwes
Princess Madeline- Emily Rossum

Other than writing do you have any other passions/ hobby's or jobs? 

During the day, I am 100% focused full time Mommy.  Writing, sewing and yoga come in after bedtime.

What's your dream? 

To live with as few regrets as possible.  I am a big believer in living life to the fullest, and taking the steps I need to make dreams come true.

Tell us something few know about you? 

I am a huge Star TrekTNG fan (hiding under covers)

If you could write a book with any famous author, dead or alive, who would it be and why? 


He has so much charm in his writing, and I love the way he combines the whimsy with a message.

Have you any big writing plans for 2013? Oh yes!  

I plan to continue promoting “The Escape ofPrincess Madeline,” and hopefully started working with the publisher on editing and publishing the sequel.

What is the best review of your work you've received to date? 



5 Stars!  

I was honored when Step into Fiction gave me this wonderful review:

 “This book has been by far the best written book that I have ever read. This way this author uses language to describe exactly what is going on is amazing. I find myself at a loss for words, the writing is so eloquent, I was instantly drawn into this book.”




 Is there anything else you would like to share or tell us? 
Just a quick shout out to my family & friends who have shown me so much support and love through this journey.  I am so blessed.

Thank you so much for hosting me today.  This was so much fun, and such GREAT questions.  Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me, I love talking with all my fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do remember to stalk, connect, hook up and support Kirstin:

Twitter Handle:  @KirstinPulioff

Blog/ Website: www.kirstinpulioff.com

Some links to where else you can find Kirstin:


Amazon US kindle        


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails