Thursday, February 7, 2013

Her Mother's Daughter: Chapter 2


So here is Chapter 2. 

Remember: 

I wrote this, or started writing this book, about 2 and a half years ago, currently its unfinished, in total there are about 9 Chapters. Because it is so different, I wanted to share it with you all and see what you think. 

This is unedited and unfinished. 

The story focuses on Trudy Toomey, her family and all their lives, unfolding before you over a series of emails between them all. Those involved in the story have the uncanny ability to jump the gun and get things wrong... like us all... 

I hope you enjoy the first and second chapter and want to see more... go easy on me, this is an experiment :) 

Chapter 2


To: Gerturde Toomey; gertrudetoomey@sqwuak.com;
From: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
Date: June 4th 2009

Mum

You never listen! I’ve told you hundreds of times not to email me on my work account, use my memail account. Honestly!

And mum I would appreciate if you would keep my private life, just that PRIVATE!

I’ll be home at 6 for dinner.

Imelda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Shelia Toomey; sheliatoomey@maidenheadinsurance.com
From: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
Date:  June 4th 2009

B and I are moving in together. He needs a more permanent Dublin base for when he is in town. I know mum will be devastated when I move out. I am going to tell her tonight after dinner. Perhaps you two can come over and cheer her up once I have. I’ve a date afterwards, otherwise I would do it.

Oh and Trudy, mum got it wrong, it’s not Prague we’re off to. But then I would have told you had you asked.

Imelda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Date: June 6th 2009

Trudy & Maxwell

Many thanks again for your excellent hospitality during our recent stay with you. The entire delegation was thoroughly impressed with the thought and attention that went into their trip.

Mr. Garmin himself has mentioned you on a number of occasions Trudy and he is most grateful to you for booking his favourite restaurant.

I must say we all did get a kick out of your small presumption! Consider it water well and truly under the bridge! It was quiet funny really! – You are both forgiven! (But thanks for the flowers; they were lovely to come home to).

Maxwell, Mr. Garmin said to continue the good work and Trudy his offer of a position in head office in New York still stands if and when you should like to take it up – you really have made a fantastic impression on him!

I look forward to working with you both in the future.

Kind Regards,

Danny Glover
VP to Overseas Operations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Gerturde Toomey; gerturdetoomey@sqwuak.com
From: Mike Rogan; mike@everydayfitness.com
Date: June 6th 2009

Dear Mrs. Toomey

Lovely to have met you yesterday.

Attached you will find a quotation for the equipment you expressed an interest in during your meeting. As discussed once you have a move out date for your daughter and all furniture has been removed from the room I can come back and discuss layout options with you. As promised my painter/decorator friend’s email address is jon@colouringyourlife.com . Tell him Mike sent you and he’ll give you a good price.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mike Rogan
Sales Representative

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com  
Date: June 8th 2009

Oh Trudy that’s priceless!

I bet Imelda was hopping! Imagine your mum and a gym!

I still can’t imagine Imelda moving out, let alone living with a boyfriend. Is someone paying the guy? Like he has met your sister?
Come to think of it has anyone actually met him? Like I know he was supposed to come to your mum’s party and meet us for drinks that time, but I’ve never laid eyes on him, have you? Have any of you?

On the Brian issue, I think it’s time you sat down with him and asked him if everything is ok. I get that work must be stressful for him, who isn’t it stressful for right now, but really he should be a little more attentive. Are you sure he is not sleeping at home? Like you are a pretty heavy sleeper, a bomb could explode under you and you would still not stir!

Hugs
Shelly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


       Shelia Toomey; sheliatoomey@maidenheadinsurance.com
From: Mark Toomey; marktoomey@toomeydiy.com
Date: June 9th 2009

Girls,

Do either of you not think it weird that Imelda is moving in with a guy none of us have met? Like I know she likes her privacy – but?? AND this is Imelda, the eternal home bird – she barely landed in London on her way to Oz when she got straight on a plan home.

Dad doesn’t seem convinced she’ll go at all. He’s hidden the credit card so that Mum doesn’t order the gym until she is well and truly out the door. I’m busy hiding all the paint samples mum keeps taking from the shop so she doesn’t see them. If she finds out what mum’s plans are she’ll never leave!

But seriously, I’m more concerned as to who this guy is. I think we should ask to meet him?

Back me up here.
Mark

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouces.com
Date: June 12th 2009

Shelly

I suppose Mark does have a point. But really, anyone who is prepared to date and then live with my sister has to be like her, or worse, so do we really want to subject ourselves to an evening of that?

I know she is my twin, but we never had anything in common. In fact the most time I think we have ever spent together is while in the womb!

Beside all that, I have enough on my plate than to be worrying who or what Imelda is moving in with. Shelia is much the same. She still has this bug. She had to take another 3 days off this week. Her work have been nice and all but they have asked her to go and see the company doctor. Like they aren’t calling her a liar or anything, I think they are just worried about her now, which I suppose is nice. I wish my job would worry about me!

Trudy
xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Date:  June 13th 2009

Hey Sis,

Have you time to meet for lunch? There is something I want to run by you. It’s a niggle I have.

Mail me.
Shelia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
From: Trudy Toomey; gertrudetoomey@floralyshotel.com
Date: June 14th 2009

Shelly,

I’m sure of it. It all makes sense now. The late nights, being really secretive, being over tired, the disappearance of the earrings and the brochures. He’s been working loads of overtime and saving up - Brian is definitely going to purpose!! I bet he changed tactic when he heard that Imelda’s boyfriend got her earrings and they are going on a city break. Don’t worry I haven’t called Pine Cone just yet… but they are on speed dial!!

Have you sorted your dress for the housewarming? Wanna meet Shelia and I for a drink beforehand – we’re stocking up on the dutch courage!!

Trudy
xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: June 15th 2009

Shelia,

Mention Brian? Trudy does nothing but talk of Brian! You know he has sent her flowers every day this week?! I know it’s her birthday but he has never done that before!! I can’t believe she is getting engaged! Did she send you on the pic of the wedding dress she found online last night? It was GORGEOUS! She is thinking about this time next year, still Pine Cone Castle of course – god forbid something should happen that place before your sister gets married there!

I was thinking the other day; after 5 years together I suppose ‘it’s about time’ they got engaged! Well that or break up – and that would never happen! Do you remember when they first started seeing each other? We all thought Brian was such a dish, something must have changed; I don’t find him that attractive anymore. Or maybe that’s the fact that he is my best mate’s boyfriend! (he he). He really was charming from the start. Remember how Trudy really wasn’t all that interested in him; we all thought she was mad. Even Imelda’s eyes seemed to widen when he came in the room.

I wonder how he’ll do it. I hope it’s romantic. I wonder will he take her away, or do it here. I hope he doesn’t do it in their apartment. I never really liked the place. It just seems so ‘crowded’ or something. Maybe I should give him some hints, what do you think?

Anyways see you later for drink!

Shelly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Mark Toomey; marktoomey@toomeydiy.com
From: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com            
Date: June 15th 2009

Hey little Brother,

Of course he is going to be there tonight, it’s our housewarming! He flies in at 6.30pm. He is really looking forward to meeting you all too. But BE nice. No third degree or anything embarrassing like that.

Well Mum should have thought about that before she turned my room into a gym. I hadn’t even left the house and she had a colour scheme and equipment picked! Besides she and dad are accent! Who did they think they were going to talk to at the housewarming? They would be the oldest people by about 40 years; I’m not subjecting my friends to them. I’ll have them over for tea someday once mum has apologised.

By the way can you come over a little early and bring your tool belt; I have a few things that need doing. Say about 4pm?

Imelda.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


       Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: June 16th 2090

Well Girls,

What a hoot! Imelda’s friends ‘en mass’ are definitely ‘interesting’. Where they all for real, or do people actually act like that? Like I know Imelda is ‘unique’ but they just took the biscuit! It took me every ounce of control to keep a straight face half the time. Did Imelda really invite the guy from their post room and then make him serve people? Mark said she actually said to him, ‘Why else did you think you where coming?’

I know she is our sister, and only for the fact that you are her twin Trudy and the spit out of mum’s mouth I would swear that she was a milk man, or a post man job (sorry couldn’t help myself – sides are splitting here!).

You ok now Rachelle? It was a shame you had to leave early; I hope you don’t have what I have. It’s a nasty bug! You really missed a hilarious night! In the end the infamous Beau never made it. His delayed flight turned to a cancelled flight. He did call, a couple of times, a drunk Imelda even put him on loud speaker, he was echoy though and hard to hear him – he sounded Irish though – I think, didn’t he Trud? I actually think that Mark was more upset he didn’t make it than Imelda was! In fact he got so annoyed that his flight was cancelled he demanded to see some photos, it got a bit awkward for awhile until Brian told him to relax. We left shortly after that, too much Imelda is… well… just too much!

Hope you are feeling better.
Kisses
Shelia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Rachelle Sinclair;  rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: June 17th 2009

Shelia,

I don’t know how to say this. To you, to Trudy, to anyone. God I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I’m in such shock that I haven’t gone to work in 2 days. I’ve been ignoring Trudy’s calls and emails. I don’t know what to say to her.


I’ve tried to convince myself otherwise, for 2 days now. But now that I think about it, it all makes sense. I don’t know how none of us didn’t think of it before. God I hope I’m wrong. I really do. But… Shelia, at the housewarming Imelda was wearing the diamond earrings Brian bought for Trudy.

What are we going to do?

So distraught…
Shelly  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails