Monday, February 11, 2013

I wrote a best seller! {Still can't believe it!}

Writing The Meaning of Purple Tulips was a life goal and dream of mine. For as long as I can remember, every January I would write on my list of New Years Resolutions: Write a book.

For years I could never figure out why I didn't accomplish it, until one day I realized I would have to actually sit down, open a word document and start typing. I did just that on September 9th 2009.

It took me almost {but not quite} 3 years to finish, edit, rework, cut in half and start again and edit ALOT more, before I actually published The Meaning of Purple Tulips on July 4th 2012.

It was an amazing feeling!

Then when I sold my first copy I didn't think it would get any better.

Of course, then my first review came in and I thought that was the best feeling in the world!

But yesterday, Sunday, February 10th 2013 I received word that I had made it on to my publishing company's best sellers list... ECSTASY!

Thank you, thank you to each and every one of you, who have supported, read, reviewed and shared my book. I couldn't have done it without you all but there are two very special people that really deserve a big thank you.

One is my dear, dear friend Aoife Black, she was the very first person to read my book in its very early stages, she was the one who encouraged me all the way. In fact she is the one who suggested and encouraged me to consider self publishing and sent me article after article on the topic. She is the one I dedicated this book too.

And second, to my darling husband, James, thank you so, so much for reading my book { I would say about 11 times or so} for editing it, for helping me and for being my own personal spelling person. I couldn't have done it without you either.

So from the author of the best selling book, The Meaning of Purple Tulips... thank you all!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails