Thursday, February 14, 2013

Her Mother's Daughter: Chapter 4


Chapter 4


From: Rachelle Sinclair; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: July 10th 2009

Shelia,

You will never believe what happened today. It was a bit slack so I was out back on a break. Jenny comes down to me and says there’s a girl in the shop requesting you for a wash and blow dry, I come out front and who is stood there only Imelda! The boss was there at the counter talking to her or I would have refused to do it. So I bring her over, start to wash her hair (took every ounce of strength not to drown her!) and when I am combing out her hair she says all cheery like that me, you, Trudy and her should have a girls night out – that it’s been ‘TOO LONG’. I did actually clock her with the brush at that point and told her when pigs fly!

She had left and all before I realised that she doesn’t know that Trudy has left the country! I thought you were going to tell her? Does Brian even know?

Shell

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
From: Gertrude Toomey; gertrudetoomey@squawk.com
Date: July 11th 2009

Imelda,

Your father won’t budge on this. He just can’t look at you right now. Maybe with time it will pass, but this time girlie you crossed a line. Did you honestly think that everything would be ok after you stole and moved in with your sister’s, your twin sister’s boyfriend?

Growing up you always where the more silly of you two. I thought you would grow out of it. I thought you would grow up. Maybe I was too soft on you. But right now you have to take responsibility for what you have done. You have destroyed your sister and broken this family apart. I don’t know where we’ll all go from here.

I just hope it’s all been worth it.

Mary Mooney said something to me yesterday and I hope for your sake it’s not true. Once a cheater, always a cheater – if Brian could do it on Trudy he could do it on you.

Best to stay away for now, we’re all just too raw at the moment.

Mum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
From: Brian Manning; brianmanning@bricewater.com
Date: July 12th 2009

Mel,

What did you really expect? Did you really think that Trudy and I would break up, we would move in together and it would all be happy families? Trudy and I where together for 5 years and of course that meant something! If you need to tell yourself that it didn’t, well then delude yourself; but I did love her and she did love me.

Look I’m not proud of the way things happened between us. I knew from the start I should never have allowed anything to happen until I ended things with Trudy, even then it would have been difficult. The whole thing is a big mess; we’re just going to have to weather this storm and hope that at some point things become a little better.

To be honest I didn’t expect it to be this bad, then again I didn’t think. I never thought that your family would take it so badly. But that again I never really factored your family into it. I’m ashamed now. They were always so good to me. If we work hard maybe we can have some sort of relationship with them going forward.

For now we HAVE to keep our heads down and hope for the best. Leave them be for awhile. And no I haven’t spoken to Trudy at all. She emailed me to say she had cancelled the lease on the apartment and that I have until the end of the month to get my things out. She’s arranged for professional cleaners to clean the place up and I’ve agreed to pay the bill. I assume she is back at your parent’s house?

I’ll see ya later
Brian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
From: Mark Toomey; marktoomey@toomeydiy.com
Date: July 13th 2009

Imelda stop emailing and phoning me, I don’t want to talk to you!

      Rachelle Toomey; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: July 15th 2009

Hey girlies!

I am so sorry I haven’t been in touch! It’s just been a total mad week here! First off, as you can see, I still have my same email address! (With no cap on personal emails here!!)

Aw girls it’s amazing here; from the moment I left it was like stepping into another world. First Class – can you imagine, I travelled First Class! The champagne and all was free! AND you could have fitted a Ryanair plane in the loo!

Danny, remember Danny? I worked with Danny when the delegation was over from New York a couple of weeks ago; anyways Danny met me at the airport, in a LIMO!! I know!! (P.s. I have my own now, well not me own, my own, but like a limo to use, for work of course – but I travel in a limo!!) So Danny takes me to where I’m staying; I live in a hotel! Well in an apartment in a hotel. Danny said that if I would prefer to live in an apartment block that she can sort it out for me in a week or two, but that I’ll probably find this handier as the hours can be long and the hotel can cook and clean for me so I don’t have to worry about that. Which believe me is a GOD SEND, because the job is demanding! Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but it’s pretty much 24/7. I’m Mr. Garmin’s PA!!

It’s be a whirlwind week of learning all about him and what he does and what I do to ensure he does what he supposed to do. The man is so busy, which makes me so busy that I joked to him the other day that I need a PA and he said hire one! I’m interviewing next week – can you believe it, I’m going to have a PA too!

But enough about me, what’s going on over there with you two? Shelia I can’t believe the Doctor still doesn’t know what is wrong with you… have you gotten a second opinion, should I be worried? Are you ok?

When are you going to LA Shelly? And how on earth did that come about? Can you stop off here on your way over or back? If would be so good to see you!!

Before I head I just wanted to say thanks, for all your help and support. I’m trying not to think about it here, I came here for a break from it and its working. It’s almost like that part of my life never existed. I know it’s probably not a smart way of dealing with it, running away, but it’s my way of dealing with it and its working right now. I know I will have to face it at some point but I just can’t, Brian cheating was one thing, but with… well with you know who is just an entirely other thing. I feel betrayed on so many levels I just can’t comprehend it right now.

Don’t worry I’ve been in touch with mum and dad. They’ve been great too and Mark bless him, he’s phoned me every right, his mobile bill will be enormous!

I’m missing you both, but I know I’m in the right place right now.

Love yas
Trudy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Mark Toomey; marktoomey@tooemydiy.com
From: Gertrude Toomey; gertrudetoomey@squawk.com
Date: July 18th 2009

Kids,

I feel we’re like ships that are passing in the night at the moment I hardly see you both. I was going to make a nice roast for dinner tonight; I thought we could all sit around the table and have a nice family dinner. Well for the four of us at least.

I spoke to Trudy just now, she is training in her new PA, Yolanda I think she said her name was. She sounds black – can I say that in an email? You don’t think Trudy is dating someone do you? Not that that is a bad thing, it’s just she has mentioned this Danny person a lot and I got wondering if maybe a little romance was brewing? Has she said anything to either of you, I know she probably told you to keep it to yourselves, it’s just I’m worried about her. She’s never really lived this far from home before and I can never seem to get a handle on this time difference thing. I woke her up twice last night (well her last night) trying to have a chat. Maybe you could bring me home a clock from the shop Mark and I could set it to New York time, then I’ll know. Better make it a 24 hour one so I don’t get confused. Yes, that’s a good idea, at least then I’ll know what she is at and I’ll feel a little better about her being so far away.

Well I better head to the shops and get the dinner in. It will be ready at 7pm.

See you both later,
Mum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Mark Toomey; marktoomey@toomeydiy.com
Date: July 25th 2009

Shelia

You’ll never believe who came into the shop today! Brian!! I actually saw him parked across the road this morning when I was opening up, he must have been there for about two hours before he came in I reckon. Dad was serving someone when he came in and didn’t see him straight away. He looked awful, like he hadn’t slept in days. He walked right up to Dad and asked if he could have a word. Dad looked like he was going to throw a heap of copper piping at in but all of a sudden his face softened and he opened the door to the office.

I half expected Dad to come out a few minutes later brandishing a bloody hatchet or something but after about 20 minutes the door opened, Brian shook dad’s hand and left. Dad hasn’t said a word since. I’m out at training tonight but see if you can find anything out from mum.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To: Shelia Toomey; sheliatoomey@maideninsurance.com;
       Mark Toomey; marktoomey@toomey.com
From: Imelda Toomey; imeldatoomey@memail.com
Date: July 26th 2009

I can’t believe you two! There Trudy is, living the life of Reilly in New York and neither of you even told me she left the country! Brian says she’s got some big swanky job, driving around in a limo and living in a hotel and here I am back in dreary Dublin, out casted from the family – it’s hardly fair! You call yourselves my brother and sister! I can’t believe how mean you are all being to me! I can’t believe what has become of this family; Trudy’s gone and won life’s lotto and I’m being ostracised by my own flash and blood!

Date: July 28th 2009

It’s ironic really Shelia, when you think about it, if Imelda hadn’t done what she did I wouldn’t be here, or have any of this. The old Trudy, before all this, wouldn’t even have imagined this was all possible. I was so happy to be with Brian, I really thought we would be married within the year. I was even thinking about doing that Photography Course at the community college. I thought I could be a part time photographer while we raised a family.

I’m still so hurt by it all. I thought Brian loved me. I thought I knew him. The sad thing is, and possibly the saddest is that I’m not really surprised that Imelda is the other woman. I know she would never admit it, but she always wanted Brian from the start. Not that I am trying to defend him, but I don’t think he stood a chance once she had decided that she wanted him. Do you get what I am saying? I hope, more for his sake, then hers, that it works out. I really don’t think, if he is the Brian I knew at all, that he realises what he has gotten himself in to and that makes me feel sorry for him.

Being away has allowed me to see a lot of things clearly. Imelda is a spoilt brat. I never saw that before. And I really don’t know how she is because I don’t think mum and dad treated any of us any differently and you, me and Mark turned out just fine. Maybe she was just a bad egg, although, technically, being her identical twin sister wouldn’t that make a bad egg too?

Part of me thinks that now Imelda has gotten what she wants or at least what she thinks she wants she’ll grow tired and kick Brian to the curb. I know some people should say it’s what he deserves, but really he doesn’t, no-one does. I suppose time will time.

Anyways it’s late here, talk to you soon.

Love
Trudy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Rachelle Toomey; rachellesinclair@finaltouches.com
Date: July 29th 2009

Shelia,

I got a similar email too. I don’t know what to think. She seems to be taking it exceptionally well. Very level headed. I’ve been kinda cautious about what I’m saying to her, about relationships – incase this is all just some amazing power she is wielding when writing emails. I’m going to stop off in New York for 2 days on my way back, am so excited to see her, but a little apprehensive too. Things have been going great with Ross! Well as good as a long distance relationship can go. I know I always say I’m in love, but this time I genuinely think it’s the real deal! I really want to tell Trudy but I think it’s too soon after Brian for her. I’ll see how things are when I’m with her.

I think you’re all wise about saying nothing more to her about Imelda and Brian. (It still sounds so wrong, doesn’t it?) She hasn’t asked me a dickie about them and I haven’t mentioned them to her at all. I hear what you are all saying about someone telling her in person, but I really don’t know if I could be the one to tell her that Brian and Imelda are getting married, what do your mum and dad say?

Hugs,
Shell 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be really something that
I feel I'd by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and very large
for me. I am taking a look ahead to your
next publish, I will attempt to get the hang of it!


Feel free to visit my blog - free conferencing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails