Monday, February 1, 2010

Are you the one responsible...

Today in my search for publishers addressesIi logged onto the Golden Pages , before I even got the chance to use the site a little box popped up and asked me would I like to part-take in their short survey and be in with the chance of winning €200. I figure €200 is not to be sniffed at and accept.

Clearly the good folk at the Golden Pages idea and my idea of a short survey are two entirely different things, but that is beside the point right now. The rather lengthy survey was an in-depth analysis of my and my households purchasing methods. The rather unimaginative questions all began with 'are you the one responsible for' or ' have you bought in the past'. Really its the type of survey we've all filled out at some point.

One of the questions, always makes me giggle is; 'Are you the one responsible in your household for the purchase of electronic equipment?' - i know you are thinking WTF, thats not a funny question. It is if you know me. I'm the type of person who couldn't buy a good electronic device if it came up and bit my on the ass, with flashing lights and a clear concise power point presentation on why it was the better choice.

Minutes after I had selected a big bold 'no' to that question my darling husband rings, if only to illustrate that I am definitely not the responsible person. And as if to add insult to injury he so clearly illustrates that I am not even the person to be consulted on these purchases.James has called to tell me about an amazing deal that Sky are offering. Now I know this deal inside out. He had already mentioned it on 3 previous occasions to me, but the sweetener on this occasion is that Sky are offering it to him at a fraction of the cost.

'Oh!' I say, 'We should definitely go for it, ring them back and order it', I say.

'Oh I have.' he replies, ' I'm just ringing you to see if you'll be around on Thursday week so they can install.'

So you see, clearly I am not the person responsible for these decisions!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails