Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally I've made my own Jewelery!


For years I've admired different people's bead work and said 'Gosh I would really love to try my hand at that.' But like most things I never seemed to get around to it. That was until Christmas this year [or I suppose, last yet].

I decided, in my infinite wisdom, that presents that we're handmade and from the heart were what it was all about. And so, my two bbfffs where subjected to the first of my handmade jewelery attempts. Now Ill be the first to admit they weren't perfect, but I reckoned my blood, sweat and tears had to account for something, right?


Undeterred since then I've continued to make, and perfect my beading skills and have even invested in some professional tools! Aside from the fact that I can now have (make) jewelery that will match any outfit, I find the whole process very therapeutic. It's also nice to surprise friends with a set of earrings or bracelet just because! Today I spent the morning making 7 identical bracelets for me and my 6 girlfriends from school, I'll surprise them all with them tomorrow at the hen party we are going to.

You'll see some of my work scattered around this page - if anyone is interested in anything, or having a piece specially commissioned drop me a line!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails