Wednesday, May 5, 2010

They say..


you should do one thing a day that scares you. Not really a nice prospect, is it? Well today I am doing something that scares me; tearing apart my novel and putting it back together, hopefully in a much more publishable way!


Having submitted it to many publishers, I got a request from a very well known international publisher for the full manuscript; after their careful consideration I was told that I had great potential as a writer but that my story line was letting me down.


Undeterred and with some very encouraging words from the publisher I am in the process of critically looking at my ‘masterpiece’ and pulling it to shreds – a very daunting task I can tell you!


Pulling fifty six chapters of blood sweat and tears apart and trying to re-write a first half which is more ‘literary and dark’ to be more commercial is nearly more terrifying than writing the novel itself! But publishers are in the business of publishing books and I am in the business of writing books so am going to take all the [much appreciated] constructive criticism I received it and put it to good use!


Wish me luck!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails