Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Top 7 Reasons to Subscribe to STELLAR!!

I think my friends are sick of me going on about STELLAR.

Every month when Postman Pat (yes my Postman is named Pat!) pushes STELLAR through the letterbox I down tools, stick on the kettle and at the very least have a quick flick through to see what wonders and nuggets of gold are jam packed in.

Because I have run out of friends to share this with I am now turning to you, the blogging masses to convince you to buy STELLAR!

1. Only €2.00 an issue.

I could just say, enough said; like really, what can you get for only €2.00 nowadays? At just €2.00 or €22.00 for 11 issues this is by far [in my opinion] one of the best bargains in Ireland at the moment. Even  a decent €2.00 Euro shop wont offer you as much value or entertainment as STELLAR will. AND I haven't even mention the FABULOUS subscription gifts they offer each month; currently its The Daily Energizer skincare range by Clairns [worth (€56.00). If only I could resubscribe for the gift :( 

2. Easy to read.

Now this is going to make me sound like a big auld granny but you can actually read it, as in the type is not size 3 and squished together to make room for as many ads as possible! Its all nicely printed, with fun colours, loads of pics and the articles are the perfect lenght for that quick minute flick, to savour with over your favourite cup of cha or while you have a quick weedle (come on, we know you are out there). 

3. 'Real' writers

STELLAR is a mag for real women written by real women. These aren't 'the have it all', 'look at me, look at me' types that we often see in other high end, high fashion mags, these are honest to goddness writers and women with their own problems, dreams and aspirations, which in my opinion is lead to my next point. 

4. Fresh, fun and funky Articles

Of course STELLAR has the obligatory pages filled with fashion fixes and tips but it is also filled with fresh, fun and funky articles that effect our lives. 'When you sex life loses its fizz' , 'Kiss self-doubt goodbye' , 'What it means to be Irish' and 'Fallback Girl' - while the titles all appear to have your traditional 'womens mag' 'light' title, the writing is fair more journalistic and hard hitting then you might expect of a woman's fashion magazine. If I have to say one thing about the general aim of this magazine [for me] its about empowerment for women! 

5. It's not all about the traditional 'Celeb' Cover Girls 

Ireland has its fair share of famous Irish women and STELLAR is not shy about putting them on the cover - which I love! Sure SJP and Angie have appeared but so have Rosie and Glenda - ok maybe they are not to everyones taste but they are successful Irish women - more power to them I say! 


6. Features Affordable Fashion

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Penny's girl. LOVE THE PLACE. Great for pick me ups, must haves and even that daily essential. So its no designer label, but its affordable, accessible and stocks some great clothes. STELLAR agrees with me! Their fashion pages and articles are littered with gorgeous finds and we're not talking of the remortgaging kind. From Pennys to Dunnes, Debenhams to River Island all the shops (that you and me) can afford and get to are there!! 

7. Written for the Irish Lass, by the Irish Lass! 

Ok, so the editor is an Aussie, but the Irish practically built Australia so I'm sure she is like 1/8 or even 3/5's Irish. But its clear that this is an Irish fashion magazine for the Irish market - sure it would work aboard too - but this ones for use girls! FINALLY! 

So if these reasons haven't convinced you to subscribe I'm sending the heavies around!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails