Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thank god for Crunchy Nut

Since being put on a wheat free diet there are many foods I'm not allowed; for most like bread and pasta there are terrific alternatives so I don't miss out much. Some of the foods I still do really miss are tuc crackers, sausages, onion rings, biscuits, cakes and a whole host of other things that are bad for me.

For the most part 

I do pretty well, especially when eating at home. I've only ventured to eat out a couple of times and will only go to dinner at friends who I know are conscientious of my diet requirements [for a long time many people thought this was a self imposed diet and not a medical requirement.] 

I had the most trouble with breakfast,

It's never been a meal I particularly liked. For many years I didn't eat it, but I realise how important it is for me to function and for my diet and weight loss. Because of my wheat free diet [and lack of interest in breakfast] I can never think of interesting foods to tantalize my taste buds in the morning. For the most part of I have porridge or toast; not terrible exciting starts to the day.

In the shops yesterday I broke down 

Looking at the variety of cereals on offer and listing the ones that I couldn't have. Of course there are Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes but they just don't do it for me. In utter frustration I stormed off to the milk when James came around the corner holding the 'holy grail'.

Thank crunchie its Friday! 

It his grasp was a box of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, healthy, tasty, yummy [nice ad] and most importantly WHEAT FREE!!  Am now off to relish in my new breakfast option!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails