Tuesday, June 1, 2010

That would be an ecumenical matter! [In the words of Fr. Jack Hackett!]

Today I did something unusual, even for me: I was interviewed for a vox pop for a religious site for school children.

I'm not that religious.

Maybe thats is the very reason I got in?

My father is possibly one of the 'highest up' 'civillians' in the country so, he of course, was asked first and then his family.

When I first heard about it, at which point he had already said we would do it, I was concerned as to what we might be asked and how he [or they] would want us to answer. Because of who my father is and who my father was, relgion has played a rather promiant role in our lives and while I would consider myself catholic, I would not consider myself religious.

Thankfully

My father assured both my brother and I that he did not expect us to put on 'a front' or be false and he was very happy for us [ politicaly gay actist brother and left wing, non practicing catholic with issues] to be ourselves.

Unfortunately

My brother wasn't able to attend due to his crazy schedule and so on 'our' behalf I answered questions on 'God Like Qualities', 'My understanding of being eucharistic' and 'what prayer means to me'. It really wasn't all that religious at all, at least my answer weren't. The one 'intersting' thing I did learn about were pray shawls, any of you ever hear about them? Marvellous things altogether - but thats for an entirely different blog! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails